March 13, 2020
To all DAHC Patients, Participants and Visitors:
We understand and share in your concern around the risks associated with the coronavirus and know you might have questions about how we are working to keep you and your loved ones safe.
We want you to feel safe in our programs and because of that, we have been planning. Below you can find a list of what we are doing:
- We will be cancelling all our group programming until April 5, 2020.
- We are asking everyone to self-monitor for symptoms.
- Non-urgent appointments will be conducted by telephone or rescheduled as appropriate.
- We are implementing our emergency Pandemic plan.
- We will be implementing screening stations at our Hamilton and Brantford locations.
- We have limited emergency supplies on hand.
- We are advising everyone to follow travel advisories.
- We are asking those who are not feeling well to remain home.
- We have enhanced communication on handwashing, contact with others and respiratory health protocols.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols, especially in high touchpoint and traffic areas like elevators and doorknobs.
We will continue to refer to the World Health Organization, the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Ontario Ministry of Health Public Health Units for information, and keep you updated on this evolving situation.
Thank you / Miigwitech / Nya:weh