SAFEGUARDING THE PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
De Dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre —COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
In order to provide quality care and services to our clients, we collect and use personal information. De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of all information gathered from clients, staff and volunteers. De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre is committed to following the rules set out within the relevant legislation (PHIPA), and therefore preventing the inappropriate collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
To ensure the protection of your personal information, we have:
- Privacy Policies in place
- Appointed a Chief Privacy Officer to answer your concerns or inquiries
- Set up safeguards in the handling of paper, electronic and verbal personal information
HOW WE WORK
The Centre’s service providers work in teams to provide you with comprehensive care and service. Information for your best care may be shared among those directly involved with your care.
LIMITS TO CONFIDENTIALITY
De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre may report information to third parties without consent:
- If we believe you are a danger to yourself or others
- If we suspect that a child under the age of 16 is at risk
- If our records are subpoenaed by the courts
- If you are considered by law to be unable to make informed decisions about yourself
- In cases of a reportable communicable disease that must be reported to a Public Health Agency
- To determine or verify your eligibility to receive health care benefits
- In cases of required reporting to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The information in your records belongs to you; the physical record itself belongs to the Centre. You are welcome to read or request a copy of your personal health records (administration fee may be applicable for photocopies). If you wish to access your personal health record please inquire at the front desk.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If at any time you have questions or concerns about the treatment of your personal health information or the protection of your privacy within De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre, please do not hesitate to address your concerns in writing to your service provider or, De dwa da dehs nye>s’ Privacy Officer (Andrea Cherry) at (905) 544-4320 ext. 228 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view policy on appointing a Privacy Officer (Link Temporarily Unavailable)
Click here to view Privacy Officer Job Description (Link Temporarily Unavailable)